Thursday, May 12, 2011

Missing


I've decided that missing someone is quite possibly the worst feeling there is.
It's been 8 weeks since my mom passed and I miss her so much.
I miss the smell of her China Musk perfume.. she's worn it since I was little.
I miss the 10am and 9:30 pm calls from her, just to see how things were going.. and often calls in between.
I miss our uncanny way of calling eachother at exactly the same time.
I miss spontaneous lunch dates at Flancer's.
I miss our late night movies.
I miss seeing her name on caller id.
I miss her asking about the kids.
I miss her car in front of my house and the dog going hog wild when she would walk up the front steps.
I miss her little jean hat.
I miss her reassurance that things would be ok.
I miss her hugs.
I miss her silent strength during her fight with cancer.
I just miss everything!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I love this picture of you all. Your mom looks so happy here.

Anonymous said...

In case a sagging debris is on the shoes surface,
Hogan Shoes take in some watered textile to clean the rubberized sole of the running shoe. Clear the footwear with right temperature water and wash it, following that use it inside a layer of paper washcloth.

Hema Sasidharan said...

I lost my mother too on 22.03.2013 and am missing her very much. But family circumstances demand you to behave as if nothing has happened and be normal. I would be lying if I say that I am normal and happy now coz not a moment passes without thinking about my mom. Mom, where are you I am missing you terribly.