Monday, September 22, 2008

Motherhood..what a blessing.





Rick and I were sitting watching the kids play the other day. We looked at each other and just smiled. We didn't have to say anything. Just watching these 3 kids and realizing what a great gift we have, as well as a huge responsibility was a little overwhelming. I started thinking about how blessed I am to have these little people in my life, in my care. They trust and look up to us, to me.Wow, sometimes I underestimate how much I am entrusted with. I started a mental movie of Kalvyn and Tate's lives in my mind.So much time has passed, so much growing has happened and now we are starting over with Blake. I can't believe how much I really love being MOM. Of course there are days that I think "what the HE** was I thinking",but those moments pass quickly and I realize how full of love my heart is. Here are some quotes that I like about motherhood.


"A mother's arms are more comforting than anyone else's." -- Diana, Princess of Wales

"Mothers reflect God's loving presence on earth."
-- William R. Webb

God couldn't be everywhere, so he created mothers ~ Jewish Proverb

The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new."
~Rajneesh

"I know how to do anything - I'm a Mom." ~Roseanne Barr




(I know the above picture is a little scary, hey, I just had a baby!)

2 comments:

Sara said...

I love the picture. Women never look more beautiful than at that moment!

Anonymous said...

Loved all the quotes you found, they are perfect. Makes you realize what a blessing it is to be a mom, even on those days that you kids make you wonder what the helk you were thinking!!