Monday, March 30, 2009

Bug O Rama!

Kalvyn loved this convertible.

This is my brother and his car!

Are there any VW lovers out there? Well I am one of them. I used to have an all orginal 64 bug. I totally regret ever getting rid of it. There is just something so cool about a VW, in my opinion anyway. Rick used to have a 21 window VW bus back in the day too.
My brother bought a 59' Bug from California last summer. He is having a lot of fun with it too. Sunday was the annual Bugorama down at Firebird Lake. I have been to many of these in my day. It is a VW car show and anyone who is anyone in the VW world shows up. The kids had a great time and Rick and I got to remember the 'good ole days'. Rick is now on the look out for a VW Bus. Uh-oh!

4 comments:

Sara said...

This is cool, Kim. I love vw vans. In the early seventies, my parents and all of their friends had them, each a different color. I dreamed of having one all through high school and never got it...maybe some day!

Katie said...

Cute blog Kim! I found it on facebook. Looks like a fun time with the family!!

Anonymous said...

WOW, that brings back some memories!! I looks like you guys had a great time!

Katie said...

Great cars. My sister, Kat, would have had an old vw van if it had air. You do such fun things. (and I can totally see you driving one.)