Friday, February 12, 2010

Here's Where We Want To Be Someday




This is totally crazy and some people may not believe it, but Rick and I made a long term goal for ourselves. We want to move to Oregon in couple of years.


I have NEVER even considered moving before a month ago.. NEVER.. I do like it here and never let my mind wander to the possibility of something else. A month ago or so, I woke up and had this strong urge to make a change. I thought about it and we talked about it and it feels right for us. There are so many great things about Oregon that we have been researching.




Pro's

1.Greenery

2.High 80's, low 40's

3. They have more farmers markets than fast food stops

4.Educations system is better, they spend a lot more per child than az

5.hiking and biking spots galore

6.20 minutes from the beach,,yes, 20 mintues

7.Green enviornment

8.peaceful feeling when I think about this change (i don't usually like change and avoid it at all costs.)

9.Rick would have no problem finding a job, lot's of good hospitals

10.I don't have to pump my own gas(they have a law that gas attendant has to pump gas, just a small pro, I hate pumping gas)

11.Mnt Ranier and Mnt. Hood are very close



Cons


1. farther from our familes(1.5 hour plane ride)

2.rains more(can't decide if this is a con or a pro)

3.slower lifestyle(i like the fast lane)

4.higher housing prices

Anyway.. We this will be a process and we aren't in a rush. I mentioned this to Tate and he said He's not going anywhere, We'll see!


We are going to make a trip sometime this year (allegiant air, $59 each way)to scope out some neighborhoods..

















1 comment:

Katie said...

OK, I am shocked. But, all I have ever heard about Oregon is great . . . except for the rain. But, it has to get green somehow.