Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Day In the Life of Blake


Being a 20 month old kid is busy work. I sat back the other day wondering what it was like to be Blake. He is the youngest in a very active, busy, loud, sometimes dramatic family.(Rick says all of us are dramatic except for him)


7:30 am. Mom wakes everyone up to get ready for school. Sometimes I am allowed to sleep a little later cuz mom doesn't want me cranky.
8:10 Mom is toting me around the house trying to get everyone out the door for school. Sometimes she even yells.
8:45 Awe, what a nice stroller ride I just had..I guess it's time for me to eat breakfast.
9:15 Mom is cleaning up the house, I guess I will drag out all of my toys so she doesn't run out of stuff to clean up. I should probably start pulling things out of cabinets too cuz it's kind of fun to see mom get all crazy.
10:30 Mom says it's time to read books..ok, whatever.
11:15 Hmm, I feel a "potty" coming on. One of these days I will have to sit ON the potty, but for now, I'll go hide in the corner.
11:30 MMMMMMmmm, time to eat again. I love this part because I am so good at sharing my food with Jesse(the dog).
12:00 Ok, is it me or does mom seem just a little too happy that it is nap time? She is trying to get me to go to sleep without my binky, no way, no day!
1:30 I wake up, what? noone is here next to me... I start crying real loud.. MOm comes and lays with me and I go back to sleep for 20 minutes..hey, a guy needs to cuddle doesn't he?
2:00 More play time, this time mom doesn't clean it up.
3:00 Yay, Tate is home..let the fun begin.
3:30 Ok, the fun is over, Tate likes to tease me and try to take MY moms attention away.
Well, it is fun jumping on the trampoline..and at the park.
3:45 Yay, Kalvyn is home. She spoils me rotten.
5:30 Dinner time. Mom is rushing everyone because we have Basketball,or Scouts or dance or whatever it is THEY do.
6:00 Out of the house and off to explore the gym at the school..can you say fun.
7:00 Bathtime.. love it.
7:30 Snack time.. mom tries to fill me up with yogurt or graham crackers.. I'll take it.
8:00 Daddy is rolling in from work..I sure did miss him today. He'll be home tomorrow, that means lot's of playtime.
8:15 Sleepy time.. Mom's gotta go walk with her friend and have a little "me" time....Wow, what a busy day.

I imagine it is pretty fun being little... too bad we can't remember some of it.

We sure do love having this little guy around the house...


2 comments:

Katie said...

What a sweet boy. I wish I could be little again.

Anonymous said...

He sure is a busy guy, and he keep you busy pretty busy to...don't you just love little ones!!