Thursday, November 20, 2008

BAD Day!


Today was a tough day. I must be having PMS or something. As you may remember, we had taken in a dog from someone that Rick knew. Lucy. Well, after 6-7 weeks of cleaning up throw up almost daily, cleaning up pee numerous times a day, dealing with her running out the door anytime anyone opened it, NUMEROUS health problems $$$$$$$, we have decided that this was not working out. I am a person that takes on something and really likes to commit.So this was very hard for me. Lots of guilt feelings. We have wrestled with this for a couple weeks. We thought she might get better, get used to our family, other dog, routine, rules. She hasn't, not one bit. The poor thing was simply used to breed at her last owners home. She has never been socialized, doesn't know how to act around another dog or people for that matter. We found her a new home. The kids, mostly Tate, were heart broken. I cried many times today. Then we go to Home Depot. This annoying sales person was following, borderline harassing us, to sign up to have our kitchen cabinets looked at. I totally gave him a fake phone number so he would go away and leave us alone. I couldn't deal with anything else today. I got to the car and starting crying. Rick hugged me and asked what what wrong. I told him I felt like a bad person today for giving that sales guy a wrong number. I don't lie, It makes me feel terrible. RIck laughed. He knew where I was coming from . I really feel like a bad person today...
I do have to admit, the peaceful, harmonious feeling is back in our home tonight. I still feel like a bad person though...:(

1 comment:

Katie said...

Kim, I am so sad for you. I told Rick you are the nicest person I have ever met and can't believe how empathetic you are . . . even toward a dog. I love your friendship and I am so sad you had such a terrible day.