Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

This is one of my favorite times of year. It is cooling down, kids are off school for holiday breaks and I get to spend time with family. We have lost a couple of family members over the last couple of years and this time of year really makes me miss them. I am so thankful for so many things in my life. As I get older I realize how much I have to be thankful for. Kalvyn listed 10 reasons that she was thankful and it motivated me to do the same.
1.I am thankful for my family, immediate and extended.
2.I am thankful for our health. Sometimes I take this for granted but we have it good.
3.I am thankful for my friends. I really love all of my friends. They each have their own great qualities that make me feel like I am surrounded by greatness.
4.I am thankful for my marriage. My parents were divorced when I was 4 and I always thought a family was a mom and kids. I love Rick so much. He truly makes me complete.
5.I am thankful that I have God in my life. No explanation needed.
6.I am thankful that I live in a free country. Again, I take this for granted until I watch the news.
7.I am thankful for all the mistakes I have ever made, big and small. They make me who I am today. You can't learn unless you admit you make them.
8.I am thankful that I don't have to struggle to feed my kids. I can't imagine them going hungry.
9.I am thankful that I am able to stay home with my kids. It's hard work but I wouldn't change it for anything.
10.I am thankful for education. We may not have the best education system here in AZ, but at least we are able to get an education.

Happy Thankgiving..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hape you had a great Thanksgiving. Thanks for the turkey recipi it was so yummy!