Sunday, December 28, 2008

Bad News

We got some bad news this weekend. My mother, who had breast cancer 6 years ago and has been great ever since, has learned that she has cancer again. We got together last night and talked about the details that we know at this time. So far we know that she has a 4-6 cm mass behind her chest wall, spots on her spine, liver and lungs. She also has swollen lymph nodes around her heart. My mom has a great attitude right now. SHe is ready to fight! We don't know what course of treatment she is going to have right now. Her first step is getting a biopsy to determine if it is the breast cancer that has metastisized or another type. Only then will they know how to treat it.
I am so confused right now. I am trying to figure out why, how, for what reason???? I am very sad and scared.. I need my mom! My kids need my mom! I haven't really had time to sit and try to absorb it all since I just found out last night. It has been a hard day for me..Rick went to work today so I was just trying to keep busy with the boys...I am having a hard time staying focused and find my mind wandering and eyes tearing up on and off all day long. I really didn't want to get out of bed at all today.
I am sure that things will be hard for a while... I kind of feel like we are all stepping onto a roller coaster and don't know what to expect. I am a positive person so I am sure I will buck up and fight right along with my mom. My brother and sister and I will be here to help my mom through anything.. Please keep us in your prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh....we will be praying. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for being so transparent. Now I know how to pray! I am soo sorry that this has happened to you all.

Praying for you!! Adam & Suzy

Anonymous said...

Kim, I am so sorry to hear about your mom...you and your family will be in my prayers!!! I Love You!!!

heathermommy said...

Hi, Heather Arnita here. I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family.